2.26.2008

XBOX 360 - Deals of the Week

There are a couple of good deals out there this week, if you are willing to shop around a bit. First off Circuit City has Capcom's Lost Planet: Extreme Condition on sale for a mere 20 dollars. It's a pretty decent game, and a great deal at that price, considering that EB Games sells it used for 26$ currently.

Next we have Call of Duty 2 on sale this time at Best Buy for 20 dollars as well. You can get it used from EB Games, for 13$ but they don't guarantee it will come with the box, or instructions. I would rather have the peace of mind that I'm getting the complete product, for 7 dollars more.

Anti-deal of the week:

Looks like Best Buy cut the price on the XBOX 360's HD-DVD Accessory down to 50$. Too bad the HD-DVD has officially lost the format war to Blu-ray. Plans to build a Blu-ray addon may be in the works over at Microsoft, but I need to ask: Why bother? Consoles are for playing games. Show me a game out currently that is so huge or advanced that it requires Blu-ray or HD-DVD and I'll change my mind.. But stand alone players are MUCH better then game consoles for movies. Why? Cause they are built to watch movies on.. The interface is better, they are more convienient to use, etc. I never played audio CD's on my PS1, nor did I use my PS2 to watch movies.. Christ, I never even used my Sega CD for playing audio CD's and honestly, that's about the only thing that piece of crap was good for..

No comments: