5.13.2007

Calling All Cars - REVIEW - PS3

For the first 10 minutes I played the game with a grimace on my face, I must have yelled "FUCK OFF" to the TV 8 times. While this might seem that the game both sucks, and that I am quite insane, it does not. The game is exactly what the PS3 needs - an affordable party game that puts almost every Wii game to shame...in both graphics and playability.


You start off by picking from 6 or so vehicles, jump in a level and play. A jailbreak occurs, a crook tunnels out of the ground and you hunt him down. Hit the crook with your car and he is thrust into the air, quickly catch the criminal and haul ass to the jail. There are 3 "goals" at the jail, 1 point, 2 point, and 3 point holes to drop the criminal off and collect your points. The game has been compared to NBA Jam, I've never played it, so I'll say it plays like capture the flag.


Let's stop this now, just go buy it. It's 10 bucks. The only thing I can say bad about the game is that it's a bit too short, I'm guessing more levels will be available for download in the future, I just hope they'll be cheap enough to justify the purchase. Let me put it this way, 5 more levels for 10 more dollars. If it gets to the point where I'm paying up to 50 bucks for a full game I'm gonna be pissed.


Keep them coming Sony, 10 dollar games that look better and play better than Wii games is the right way to pull people in...and a controller that actually works doesn't hurt either.

No comments: