3.29.2007

Nintendo F-ing it up again?

I'm leaving myself open to a lot of shit by even suggesting this, we all know how crazy Nintendo fans are right? I sure do, I'm one of them- and I have the Tattoos to prove it beotch.

Here's the deal, Nintendo has a monster success on it's hands with the Wii, nobody will argue that, but can anybody tell me why or how? Half the time when I play the Wii I'm fighting with the controls to work, the sensor bar is really hit or miss- this is most apparent when I'm playing Wii play in billiards, I'll pull back the remote, then shoot it forward getting the "please readjust remote". This is very frustrating and completely breaks the immersion, bringing you right back to the real world where our president is a big boob, and Sanjia is sure to be our next American Idol. The only game so far that assures me that there's hope is Excite Truck, the game is friggin brilliant and is very deserving of a re-review from every major publication.

Now I don't want to get into the whole topic on the graphics, but I suppose I have to. Every company making games for the Wii really need to step it up and start delivering the goods! No more ports (except for Okami and Resident Evil 4). I really wanted a graphical monster like the 360 and Ps3, It almost makes me want the consumers to stop supporting the Wii so Nintendo will have to go ahead with the next system- I would have really liked to see a Zelda or Mario game with the beauty of Kameo, Gears, or any other of the pretty games we're seeing from the competition. I mean Mario Galaxy is starting to look really slick....but it ain't that slick.

So in closing, Nintendo, please start using that seal of approval thing that used to mean something so I don't have to bash you anymore- it makes me feel very ugly inside.

No comments: