3.28.2007

XBOX360 ELITE !!!!!!

It's big, it's black, and it costs a lot of money......it's Star Jones as a prostitute. On another note Microsoft finally announces the Xbox 360 Elite system, which is of course the xbox 360 with a 120 gig hard drive, an HDMI output(cables included), and a nice black coat of paint- the hard drive comes pre loaded with some demos and stuff, but OUCH $480.00?!

Now the question I suppose would be if it's worth the purchase. Do you already own a 360? Do you own an HDTV with an HDMI input? Are there any games on 360 that you want to play? Do you have this kind of cash to be throwing around?

The thing is I'm already starting to debate myself over buying it-If this thing had Blu-ray or HD-DVD built in I wouldn't even bat an eye about it, but that's a lot of dough to throw down. I'm going to cave in, I've deprived myself of 360 goodness since launch-there are a few great games now, and Bio shock and Blue Dragon are on the way.

This also brings me to the beating I've been giving myself over getting the Ps3.

Here's the Pros-

Metal Gear, Blu-ray, backwards compatibility, no need for memory cards with the hard drive, and that Naughty Dog game that looks like Indiana Jones.

Here's the cons-

360 might get Metal Gear, I won't be able to get all my favorite movies on Blu-ray, what's going on with the backwards compatibility?, what if the Naughty dog game blows?

As a gamer I am very confused, as consumer I'm even more confused. What the crap is one supposed to do if the Ps3 totally tanks? Am I supposed to say "oh well I gave the Ps3 a shot and it ended up sucking, but what the hell, it was only 600 bucks." F that, the 360 as of right now has proven to me that it's got staying power so that's a go. I'm going to have to wait for either a price drop on the Ps3 or some amazing first party software that's coming out soon.

Check in tomorrow and I'll tell you why Nintendo is screwing up royally, and what they can do to fix it.

No comments: