4.10.2007

I think I hate Nintendo...

I'm sure it's just the anger of the inferior Wii graphics, but after purchasing Super Paper Mario today, I'm just so uninterested in Nintendo products. I put in the disc and played for about 20 minutes, then I just turned it off. To understand what a huge deal this is I suppose you have to know my entire gaming history, I'll spare you every small detail, for now. Just know this, from the mid 80's up until now I've pretty much been as loyal to Nintendo as Robin Quivers is to Howard Stern - and almost as long. Please don't give me the "Good graphics do not equal good game play" line we've been spoon-fed ever since the Wii was announced to have Game cube 1.5 capabilities, I'm tired of the lies, I'm tired of the future promise of what the Wii can probably do.

This is it Nintendo, THIS is your wake up call. If the Wii is wearing thin on me this shortly after launch, you have a HUGE problem. I'm not saying that your empire is going to crumble because one angry fanboy is not blown away by shit graphics, but I am saying that if the competition can start to lure away one member of the Nintendo army (again, you have no idea how deep my love goes) then you're certain to see a few more behind me. Stop fucking around, bring out some killer software. Stop pushing games back from February to November, You're becoming the birthday visit to Grandma's house, sure you love her, but is it really worth the $5.00 check for 3 hours of pinched cheeks?

This all could have been avoided if you actually gave your hardcore audience a little respect, would it have really hurt to have graphics on par with first generation Xbox 360 games? What's that you say, "but it's cheap"?! Let me enlighten you just a bit, $250 for something that looks like something I can pay $100 for really scares me - quite frankly I'm not too sure how you got away with it at all. What, "It plays better now"?! My only reply (and this isn't going to be the last time I say it) "Please readjust your Wii remote"- not to mention I really enjoyed swinging my arm around like an asshole in Zelda, no really I wouldn't have rather pushed the convenient "A" button right next to my thumb. What are you going to do when Sony and Microsoft bring their systems down to the $300 mark? Let me take a guess, lower it down to $100? Didn't work for the Game cube, and that was almost on par with the graphics of the original Xbox.

We have about 5 years left on this system, and I'm willing to give you up until that time to really "WOW" me. But, when the next batch of systems come out, and you're late to the party again, don't skimp on the bells and whistles that gamers want. You can only string us along for so long, and like the battered wife who can't endure another punch to the face, you may come home one day to an empty house.

No comments: