4.08.2007

PS3, day 3

OK, starting to really get into this thing now. First lets talk about the downloadable content, I didn't buy any games for the system on day one, so I downloaded just about everything under the sun- including the stupid movie trailers. At first the downloads were taking way too friggin long, roughly 8 minutes per percent, that's completely retarded in this modern age of flying cars and movie theaters with a holographic Jaws popping out to eat you on the street corner. But it seems to be downloading pretty fast now, either that or I'm completely deluding myself. It seems as if Motor storm will have to be purchased at some time, It's kinda like Excite truck, but of course less fun, and much prettier. Watched a couple BLU-RAY movies (Rambo and Dark Water), I can see the difference in DVD/BLU-RAY but I'm not so sure it's a $600.00 + difference.

Yesterday I broke down and had to buy a game, Oblivion, I'm so lost in it-both in that it's really immersive and I'm so overwhelmed in not knowing what to do next. Oblivion looks really good, but it's a little choppy and I'm pretty sure in the age of Fax machines and the Roomba, we should be at 60 frames per second at all times. The only real gripe I have is the fact that I happen to have the only brand of TV where the screen flashes every time I switch from format to format, it's really annoying to have to turn the TV off and on again when I want to go from playing a game, to watching a DVD.

In closing I'll let you know of something stupid I did, I bought Gears of War for the 360. That might not sound so dumb to John T. Customer, but I don't even own the 360 yet, and I won't until the end of the month when the Elite comes out. I'm getting way too excited about this thing, and wanted to make sure I had it when I pick up the system. You may be asking yourself, "Where the crap does he get all the dough to buy all this high end technology"? Well friends, I had to do some less than desirable things that I'm not too proud of....excuse me while I go rinse my mouth out with gasoline.

No comments: