4.17.2007

Videogames cause you to kill?

With this recent shooting at Virginia Tech., I hear that Jack Thompson and Dr. Phil are pointing towards video games for the reason of the killings. This will most likely be the first and last time I ever comment on this bullshit of video game violence leading to real life violence - it's been beaten to death and needs to stop. People are crazy, it's just that simple. In a country where there is so much pressure to succeed in a career, we're constantly rushing around overwhelmed with the aspects of everyday life. I hear that this guy killed all these people because a girl broke up with him... Dude, there is so much gash out there, you would have found another one. When you're young, you think that the person you are currently dating is the only one for you, growing up is hard, and it's not until you get older that you realize there is no such thing as love or a life long mate.

Stop blaming parental influence, parents rarely play a part in a child's day-to-day problems. At eighteen years old we are adults, and at around that age we are responsible for our own actions. Stop blaming the media, any media. It's entertainment, if a video game, movie, or celebrity influences you to go out and do something stupid, then something is lacking in your life, and maybe you need to seek some professional help.

My goal is just to get through this life without bothering anybody, if something is bothering me, I keep it to myself or talk to a friend to get it off my chest. It's really that simple, I just don't understand why people feel the need to take out innocent people because of something going on in their world. Sometimes I just wish that god would just beam me up already, humans are starting to freak me out.

No comments: